The City of Hoyt is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation. We will update Hoyt specific information on this page as the situation changes.
City Council Meeting-March 18, 2020
Hoyt City Council met for a special meeting on March 18th. The Council took a number of actions in our response to COVID-19. Each of these actions will be evaluated at subsequent council meetings.
- Suspended utility shutoffs and late fees until May 6, 2020
- Allowed utility payment plans for up to six (6) months, these plans can be arranged through the City Clerk.
- Closed City Hall to the public until April 15, 2020.
- Closed Hoyt Community Building until April 15, 2020.
- Prohibited public events in Hoyt parks until April 15, 2020.
- Prohibited vehicle traffic along Park Drive in Hoyt City Park until April 15, 2020.
In the coming days the City will launch a new digital platform to allow residents to conduct business such as obtain pet licenses, pay utilities, find key information, and report issues in the city in one portal. Until then resources will be available on the city website, phone (785.986.6385), or email.
The council also discussed what needs may arise with this substantial pandemic and economic challenge we are facing. The City will be looking to partner with non-profits and local groups to support the needs of our community, more information will follow soon.
Sign Up for COVID-19 Updates from Federal Agencies